Preparing for the overhaul...

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Where Do You Store Your Minis?

A friend of mine asked me this question: where do you put them?

I realized that, despite years of doing this, the answer is still, "I don't know".


The curio cabinet in our front hall.

I keep some of my smaller minis in this curio cabinet, which was made for us by a friend.  It's a really handy way to show off some of my favorite pieces.  Every time I get home from a show, I have fun adding my latest treasure.

But what about my dollhouses?  Ideally, I'd have a room--but that's just not realistic.  And, face it, most people (however misguidedly) don't relish the idea of staring at dollhouses.  Additionally, there are the projects I've finished, but that aren't (in my opinion) high enough quality to display or sell.  I'd give those away, if anyone wanted them.

In fact...anyone want a free roombox?  No, really.  Do you?

So what do YOU do?

3 comments:

Anastasia said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and I love it! I use to dream about my own doll house, but these are fare more beautiful than I could ever imagine! I even blogged about your place, only in Russian. :)) I would take the roombox, if you are still giving it away! I live in Las Vegas, what do you think it would be in shipping?

C.J. said...

Thank you for being so complimentary!

Actually, I did give the roombox away--a friend of mine (who actually had some very good storage ideas, too!) took it and gave it to his young niece.

I hope you keep reading the blog, and welcome! :-)

Anastasia said...

I will! I love your work! :)