Preparing for the overhaul...

Monday, February 28, 2011

POLL: What Color Scheme Should Patisserie 841 Have?

You'll have to use your imagination a little bit on this one.  So far, Patisserie 841 is in the beginning stages.  I just got the laser cut letters and numbers today to make the sign.  The overall look I'm going for here is 1920's/1930's Paris.  You know, "The Sun Also Rises", and all that.  I like buildings with definite character.  The inside of Patisserie 841 will have lots of photographs on the walls, etc.  So, keeping that in mind, color is important.

The shell so far.  You'll just have to imagine the sign, the numbers (directly above the door) and the gold leaf on the (as yet nonexistent) windows, advertising the various delights within.  Both windows will be display windows, and feature various edible wares.  So, of course, the color I choose has to be something that's becoming to food.

This is a bakery in NYC.  I like the idea of using green, and thought maybe a softer green...?  And then the question becomes, should I use all one color, or a mixture of colors?  And what should be painted what?

Anyone have any thoughts, ideas, concerns, or pictures they'd like to share?

2 comments:

Sierra said...

I kind of like the turquoise-y color... maybe with a splash of yellow?

Daydreamer said...

I Like the green in your picture. But I think some of the "trendy" colors from the forties were mauve and silver-gray which might not go as well with food as the green. Also, a more sea-green or Nile green tint was fashionable....
I can't wait to see what you choose!