Preparing for the overhaul...

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Hobby Builders Supply 18th Annual Creatin' Contest

Hobby Builders Supply has been my go-to place for basic dollhouse parts since I started making minis, and their annual "Creatin' Contest" has always inspired me.  Essentially, this contest is an exercise in kit bashing.  Ever year, the folks at Hobby Builders Supply pick a reasonably simple, inexpensive kit, and entrants turn it into something fabulous.  The most fabulous entry wins.  You can read all about it here.

I like contests, but rarely ever enter due to either time or money constraints.  This year, however, I was determined to enter.  I've placed my order for the "Fascination Station", this year's contest kit, and it should be arriving today!

Seeing as how this is a contest and all, I'll be keeping my pictures to myself...for now.  Once I've entered my design, though, expect to see a HUGE "how to" series, covering every aspect of its creation from beginning to end.  I'm really excited!

Have you ever entered any miniatures-related contests?  Did you enjoy the experience?  Are there any you wished you'd entered?

2 comments:

Eva said...

Gracias por la información y mucha suerte en el concurso. Un saludo, Eva

C.J. said...

Thank you, Eva! I'm pretty excited about it. I can't wait to actually post pictures of everything.