I've finally finished all the stone surfaces for the Tudor Bakery. They're having a dry overnight. While I finished the fireplace, dry fitted the other pieces, and started cutting more trim, I took a few pictures and here they are.
I applied the stone finish in many small steps, because I wanted the surface to look just perfect. Eventually, once everything dries, I'll face the rest of the chimney column with brick and grout the whole thing. Which reminds me, I actually need to order more brick corners...
I wanted to develop a uniform finish, without obscuring any of the detail.
One of my creative drying arrangements. You can't see it here, but the far end of the chimney column is weighted down to keep it in place. I wanted to dry each different side flat, but couldn't actually place the chimney column flat on the table, owing to the decorations.
It's getting there!
I was quite pleased with how this turned out.
I dry fitted everything together, to make sure I didn't need to change anything before it all dried. So far, I'm pretty pleased with how it all looks! I'm excited to add the rest of the brick, too. And, yes, one column is missing.
I had cut two, but Henry ate one.
The courtyard contained the public ovens.
I left the fireplace to dry in situ.
A view of the Tudor Bakery.
I must say, I'm quite excited to finish the woodwork!
The fireplace...it doesn't look like much yet, I realize, but you'll just have to use your imagination. The floor came out well, I think.
Eventually, I'll put on the roof...
Just wanted to see if you were paying attention.