It's been almost a year, hasn't it? You've all probably forgotten about me. For those of you who maintain blogs, I haven't forgotten about you! I've been keeping up with your projects, and greatly enjoying the progress.
So where have I been?
In the past (give or take) ten months, I've...
- had an extended hospital stay (but am now well on the way to recovery),
- given birth to our lovely son, who is perfect,
- lost my great aunt, with whom I was very close,
- helped my husband through his own health issues,
- and suffered the loss of my little "studio", if you can call it that. Which, especially in light of everything else, has been very difficult. No miniatures to help me relax, or take my mind off things!
As things have gotten back onto more of an even keel, my husband and I have been able to start rebuilding my little workspace. Of course, you're all aware, tools and supplies are very expensive so it's been slow going. But the way I look at it is, now I'm free of all the old bits and bobs I'd kept, hoping to use some day but, secretly, knowing would always be junk. We are, as it were, starting afresh.
This tabula rasa has given me the opportunity to really focus on what, precisely, I want to build. I won't be finishing my old projects, as they've been lost. HOWEVER, I WILL be starting a couple of new projects! I'm really quite excited and, already, have started collecting a few supplies. My beautiful Les Chinoiseries wallpaper arrived yesterday, which was quite thrilling. My husband, of course, obediently looked at all of it with me.
Over the next few days (weeks?), I'll hopefully be describing these projects, and getting everyone--including myself--back up to date.
I hope all's well with you, out there in internet land.