Preparing for the overhaul...

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Thanks Everyone!

Thank you all, so much, for your excellent advice re: my lighting issues, and for your support in general!  I really appreciate it!  I did, finally--delaying dinner somewhat, I'm sorry to report--figure out what I was doing wrong, and it had to do, actually (as I suspected it might) with the terminal block itself.  I intend to do a post on this later on but, for now, all I have to say is wow, the Cir-Kit direction manual sucks.  The writing, and the actual diagrams, convey two different things; success came when I examined the latter while ignoring the former.  A variety of different tie-off combinations finally yielded success and, at least in my own mind, a logical explanation.

There's not a whole lot I can do, lighting-wise, until the rest of my lights come so I've moved on to some of the interior built-ins.  Tonight, I started on the library.  Jim is also doing some drawings for me, which will hopefully be readable by a laser cutter (I have a vision for the living room).

I needed a break from stone, stone and more stone, and from the exterior in general.  Tonight, Jim made me a beverage where the "secret ingredient" was my son's baby food.  He's now happily smearing it on his face (mangoes) as I write this.  Oh, for shame.

2 comments:

Giac said...

Hello CJ,
I'm glad you figured it out. You would think they would try a little harder to amke directions clear. I can't wait toi see the library.
Big hug,
Giac

Bell and Crow Miniatures said...

I wish I could have helped you in this situation but wiring is not my forte at all. Sounds like others came through for you! Your house is going to be sooooo amazing. I can't wait to see more.