Preparing for the overhaul...

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Thinking of Selling...

For some time now, I've had something of a policy against selling my miniatures because of a few bad (read: really bad) experiences I've had.  But I've gotten to thinking that that's somewhat ridiculous and besides, building this house expressly to be sold has greatly increased my enthusiasm for the idea as a whole.  But then I was thinking, aside from my dollhouses, what should I sell?  What on earth would people want to buy?  I've been working on a couple of different ideas for floor cloths, rugs, paintings, etc...

The turkeys who like to come visit our yard.

Me, the biggest turkey of them all!

Thoughts?

3 comments:

Steinworks said...

well if you want to sell maybe you can open up an online shop just to see if you like it.

sorry about your bad experiences

Hugs
Marisa

Susan Korman said...

Hi,

Personally, I think you definitely have the talent to sell your work. I guess it mostly depends on what you truly feel. Were the bad experiences bad enough to make you not want to do it again or can you get past them. Just my thoughts. Good luck with whatever you decide to do and I'm certainly with you :-)

Susan

Simon said...

Sell, sell, sell!!!
I can't tell you how much I love reading your posts and looking at all your great pictures. You really inspire me. I agree with the others and think you should give it another try. I'm sure you must have learned some valuable lessons the last time - all be it not quite for a good reason.
Keep up the great work, you are much appreciated.
Simon

Ps Great pic by the way. It's so cool when you see who's work you're reading.