Preparing for the overhaul...

Monday, March 24, 2014

Carpet Redux

I wasn't really happy with how the plain beige carpet looked in the master bedroom.  It was fine, in of itself, but it didn't really seem to blend with the rest of the house.  So, inspired by a suggestion from Mr. CJ, I tried something else.  This was the result:





Overall, I'm very pleased.  This is one of those rare situations, I think, where two quite busy patterns work well together.  Finding a suitable carpet pattern, that would work with the accent wall was not easy!  I also didn't want a pattern that would overwhelm any furniture that came to live in the room.

More is coming on the formal parlor, etc.

4 comments:

otterine said...

I love it! :D I think it works very well.

Michelle said...

I think this is wonderful! It adds so much...VERY rare to see a patterned carpet! Well done Mr C.J, great idea! :o))

Lara said...

Wow, I love your carpet!It looks so good. What kind of material is it, if I may ask?

Steinworks said...

all I can say is Wow..that really pulls the room together!