Preparing for the overhaul...

Friday, February 14, 2014

The Facade: Highlights

At this point (after about 12 hours of work), I'm done with shading the bricks and onto what little landscaping this project contains.  Which is mainly moss (pictures of that to come).  I'm doing the moss with a combination of fine turf and pastels; so far I'm pleased with the results.  Really, though, underpainting and grouting were the easy part.  The challenge was making the house look like something post-grout.  After the pastel washes, I went back and attacked each crevice, broken brick, and other interesting little area with more pastels.  I used a sponge, sparingly, but mostly I used a detail brush.

Here are some highlights:


























More to come...

5 comments:

Janice said...

Amazing attention to detail. Thank you for sharing.

Michelle said...

Sublime work C.J.! Some of the best bricking and ageing effects I've ever seen. It looks real! I love it! :o)))

Isabel said...

Fantástico trabajo, se ve muy real!!! Felicidades!!!
Besos
Isabel

Susan Korman said...

So much attention to detail and it really shows. Thank you for sharing all the nitty gritty details and how you achieve them!

Susan

Unknown said...

How did you make the bricks?